Businesses are quick to adopt cloud-based learning management systems (LMSs) because they ensure training programs and knowledge databases are accessible at anytime and anyplace.
In a global economy it is necessary to provide workers with online tools that allow them to train, collaborate, and receive information about company happenings and current procedures. Social LMSs makes this possible by hosting and distributing content and programs to all workers, including speakers of different languages.
Today, language barriers are a constant struggle to companies that have global partners. More often than not, these obstacles are eliminated when an LMS with multilingual features is implemented. This type of tool is necessary for global business and a catalyst for growth when used properly. In addition, there are some considerations that need to be made in structuring content for easy translation.
Benefits of Multilingual LMS Features
The main benefit of using an LMS to host global partners and speakers of different languages is twofold; it is necessary for a company to have multilingual tools at its disposal, as well as the ability to leverage the LMS as a tool for business growth.
1) 21st century business takes place in a global economy.
- Most businesses, even small businesses, need to communicate with customers in other countries.
- There are many businesses that hire employees from other countries who speak a variety of languages.
- Global partners are necessary for providing services, building products, and creating sales channels.
2) Business expansion is possible, and less expensive, when using an LMS for global connection.
- Eliminate costs of sending employees to foreign countries to provide company training.
- Have all training curriculum and corporate content translated into multiple languages.
Considerations of Using Multilingual LMS Features
With a growing need to accommodate global partners and vast amount of business advantages, it is important to adopt an LMS that has technical abilities to execute eLearning localization.
In addition, here are some suggestions of what company’s consider when incorporating an LMS with multilingual features:
- What are the company’s specific language needs? (I.e. foreign countries vs. local 2nd language learners?)
- How much time is there to research the effectiveness of LMS implantation? (Be sure to ask users how well they are able to understand the course material and evaluate their responses. Then customize the system to best serve company purposes.)
- LMS customization ought to be designed in a way that takes translation into account. (I.e. how will the page look when different language content is posted?)
An award winning social LMS with multilingual features is TOPYX. This LMS makes recreating and distributing training curriculum and content to speakers of different languages easy. Request a free demo of TOPYX to experience a system that advances businesses operations in the global economy.
Using an LMS to host and collaborate with global partners makes it possible for businesses to inspire collective knowledge, provide social learning, and encourage technical support with workers and customers. This is why LMSs are becoming the best and broadest solution for business operations today.
Vice President, Business Development