No matter what size company, corporate training departments have a simple mandate – to develop and deliver effective training courses to employees.
It doesn’t matter if the training is soft-skills focused or job specific, it must effectively deliver a measurable result or it has failed. But in today’s environment of blended learning, informal coaching, on the job training and other non-traditional learning tools, it is often a challenge to measure the effectiveness of a learning program.
One way to ensure that your training program meets the needs of the organization both now and in the future is to have the right learning management system (LMS) in place. Today’s LMS must be flexible enough to handle the different types of training needs within an organization. It must also be able to grow and to meet unforeseen challenges that might be faced. Finally, it needs to be able to interface with the new standards for developing software-based training. Fortunately, TOPYX® social LMS meets all of these needs. Consider the following before deciding on a cloud-based LMS for your organization.
- It should reduce administration and delivery costs while allowing for faster delivery of material.
- It should enable blended learning solutions such as online, mobile, instructor-led, informal, and other sources, in an effort to increase effectiveness.
- It should support the enhancement of internal talent and promote a strong succession plan.
- It should measure and track the effectiveness of the entire learning program to facilitate continuous improvement.
- It should facilitate a more holistic talent management strategy by linking learning to other talent functions such as job performance and goals, employee development and cross-training.
- It should meet and maintain compliance, certification and quality control requirements.
- It should align learning programs to overall organizational goals and strategies.
- As much as possible, it should automate the registration, approval, notification and certification process.
Your company’s LMS must meet all of these requirements and more. The TOPYX social learning management system does all of this, while remaining one of the most cost-effective solutions on the market. With fixed pricing, complementary support and no server hardware to worry about, TOPYX can meet your company’s needs for delivering and measuring effective training to your entire organization.
For details and to see a personal demonstration of just how TOPYX can help your organization, click here.
With all of the challenges faced by training departments today, choosing and implementing an effective LMS should not be one of them. TOPYX was voted 2012’s Best Social Learning Solution, so it can solve your training effectiveness problems now and in the future.
Jeffrey A. Roth
Vice President, Marketing and Communications