Managers love seeing their employees collaborate. It often leads to innovative ideas and a greater unity among team members. Whether your small business is just starting out or you’ve been around but are looking to expand, social learning tools and software solutions are something you should be considering.
Social learning is learning that takes place at a wider scale than individual or group learning, up to a societal scale, through social interaction between peers. Even if you run a smaller business with fewer than 50 employees, the potential impact of social learning is enough of a reason that this theory should be considered. Here are a few benefits small and medium-sized businesses can gain from social learning implementation.
Training is something every business does. Different positions require different amounts and training solutions than others, but training is essential in business. Wouldn’t your small business like to save the time that comes from constant training? A Social LMS (Learning Management System) solution that integrates eLearning and collaboration tools into the traditional LMS functionality can provide a complete online learning and training environment for new hires.
- Training information is easily accessible from anywhere you have internet access.
- Save time, a valuable asset for small business owners, which comes from training new recruits.
Whether you’re always on the go or are looking for ways to improve the communication and collaboration of your small business team, a social learning system can help. Collaborative capabilities can include chats, blogs, document sharing, web conferencing. Small business owners are often on-the-go. Stay connected to your team from anywhere. Employees can stay in the loop about the status of different projects and learn with ease.
- Reduce the flood of emails to your inbox with system hosted conversations and ensure you never miss out on crucial collaboration.
- Better collaboration can mean a faster response time to a customer or client. Social learning platforms can help your team come together more effectively.
Human resources departments have a lot to deal with. Small business owners often act as recruiters, interviewers, supervisors and the entire human resources department. With the right tool, you can upload the necessary forms and encourage your team to help you recruit new hires. Not only that, a social learning can make it easy for you to distribute policy updates and answer the HR-related questions of your staff.
- Keep sought after forms and policies in your Social LMS and let employees know where they are to reduce time spent shuffling papers.
- Often times, office conflicts arise due to miscommunication and then human resources has to step in. Reduce the likelihood of this taking place with a social learning system.
If you’ve decided to invest in a social learning system, evaluate the program after a few weeks. Find out whether the solution helped or hindered the education of your team, affected business processes, or improved innovation. Social learning systems encourage the employees within a company to work together and share their expertise for overall development and progression of the business.
Author Bio: Erica is a copywriter for lead generation and small business resource Business.com Media Inc. She focuses on a wide range of topics including social media communications and business training.
To see how social learning can help your business, check out the award-winning social learning management system software, TOPYX®, by requesting a free, live LMS demo. Over 10 million user trust TOPYX as their social learning management solution.
Get started today!