Are you for or against social media in your organization?
Since it seems to be the time of year for believers and skeptics I thought I would take a moment and get your opinion on social media in business.
Are you a believer or a skeptic?
In the following tongue-in-cheek video, Ron Desi gives 10 “good reasons” to ban social media in your organization.
In response to a request for help in rebutting these reasons, I am asking for your short responses to each of these points to build an armory of responses to use with skeptical managers. Please leave your comments below.
To recap, the 10 “good reasons” in reverse order are:
- Social media is a fad.
- It’s about controlling the message.
- Employees will goof off.
- Social Media is a time waster.
- Social media has no business purpose.
- Employees can’t be trusted.
- Don’t cave into the demands of the Millennial’s.
- Your teams already share knowledge effectively.
- You’ll get viruses.
- Your competition isn’t using it, so why should you?
If you want to learn more about how your organization can securely use social media tools to enhance your business, check out the award-winning social learning management system, TOPYX.
VP, Business Development and Partnership Programs