As we prepare to enter another year of the most severe economic downturn since the Great Depression, companies are struggling to maintain a strong but lean workforce.
Budgets are still being reduced and hiring is anemic. Training is one of the last things on the mind of most managers. And yet, there will be a time when the economy comes back from the brink, and hiring returns to normal levels. Will your organization be ready when that change occurs?
It’s been a long time since most companies have gone on a hiring spree – long enough that many hiring managers have forgotten what it takes to train a new workforce. And consider the changes that have taken place in just the past 5 years. How will new employees be brought up to speed on company policies, let alone specific job skills and processes? The training required to introduce a single new employee to the workplace can be overwhelming. Now think about adding dozens or even hundreds of new employees. It’s enough to make a training department head for the exits. But wait… there is a solution.
Implement a Social Learning Management System (LMS) that is customizable and robust enough to handle all aspects of training a new workforce. A Social LMS has many advantages when configured to introduce new employees into an organization. Here are just a few of the attractive features:
- Allows for unique and customizable employee profiles that provide access to specific job and skills training.
- New-hires can use the social media features to quickly learn about the organizational structure and where their best resources are.
- Subject matter experts and company “gurus” are easily identified and accessible, as are their blog posts and skills-related articles.
- New employees can tell others in the company about their own particular skills and experience through the profile they create and share.
- A cohesive and collaborative Social LMS will lead to a more connected and better functioning workforce.
All of the features that make social media such a powerful and effective tool for change in society can be brought to the organizational level as well. Timely communication, better access to information, more effective training – all of these benefits can be customized to meet your company’s needs. And one of the best platforms for building this exciting new community is TOPYX®, an award-winning Social LMS with some of the best features you’ll find anywhere.
TOPYX incorporates the best of social media with the most feature-packed learning management system available. It is easy to administer, since it uses a secure cloud-based technology. It is also easy on the budget since it is a fixed-price system that your company can grow into without those recurring license fees. But best of all, TOPYX is a completely customizable platform that can be configured exclusively to meet the needs of your company and employees.
Vice President, Business Development